Sunday, June 19, 2016

Birds Of A Feather Layout

I'm so glad Pinkfresh Studio had a challenge this month to start with one object and see where your creativity takes you. I'm such a sketch addict it was nice to just play. Also, I bought many papers from Life Noted and they have so many designs that really can't use a sketch so this was perfect. I chose the background paper as my starting point.

 
I found this picture of my daughter and her cousin which matched the colours of the paper. I used the plastic wrap technique to put pink acrylic paint all over. Then I decided to use the title that I cut from a file by Laura Whitaker. I have no embellishments from Pinkfresh as they had sold out when I bought the paper. So I discovered that Simple Stories Life Documented matches. I cut the title then realized that the woodgrain didn't show up on the pink so I went back and cut the outline of the title in black. I love how that turned out! I found a bird and feather stencil from Bo Bunny and used texture paste mixed with paint. I painted the doily black and added some yellow splatters. Finally, some embellishment hearts and tags. 

I'm also playing along at Rochelle Spears - This or That Challenge. I used birds (not butterflies).
I'm also joining the Mix It Up Monday Challenge at Paper Issues. The challenge is to use acrylic paint.

There is also an Anything Goes Challenge at Clique Kits this month.
 
Supplies
Background paper - Pinkfresh: Life Noted
Hearts, tags, yellow and woodgrain paper - Simple Stories: Life Documented
Bo Bunny stickable stencils
Ranger texture paste
Pink and black acrylic paint
Tim Holtz Fossilized Amber Distress Paint
Michael's doily
Black cardstock
Fine tip Sharpie pen
 
Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

  1. I love this. So very cute. :) Thanks for playing along with CK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! Thank you for playing along with Clique Kits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an awesome layout! I love that title. Thank you so much for playing along with the Clique Kits challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun layout! Thanks for joining us at Clique Kits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Love your style <3
    Thank you for playing along with Clique Kits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome page thanks for playing along with CK too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Cut files, stencils-you did a lot on this one layout! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute page! thanks for playing along with clique kits!

    ReplyDelete